Over the past 37 years, Bridgeport Machine Rebuilders, a Division of STK Rebuilders, Inc. has rebuilt over 1,721 and repaired over 11,476 Bridgeport milling machines across the country. Our service department prides itself with the vast knowledge and expertise to efficiently solve your problems in a cost effective manner. We can rebuild your worn out Bridgeport mill or sell you a rebuilt Bridgeport mill from our inventory and significantly reduce your downtime.
“Thanks for such a detailed reply... Seems that true enthusiasm for a job well done lacks these days. Glad to see some people still believe in craftsmanship! Will be keeping your info and when I am ready to buy a mill I will be in touch.”
Hand scraping is what gives Bridgeport milling machines a distinctive feel. Bridgeport Machine Rebuilders hand scrapes bearing surfaces on all the mating surfaces of the iron; column ways, dovetails, saddle, and the gibs. This provides a customized surface to surface fit.
All ways are scraped to original tolerances, set by Bridgeport Machine.
The lubrication system is the most important component of the way surfaces. At times the lube system will be overlooked and for lack of a better word, neglected. We focus on this important part of the machine to insure a longer life for the machine rebuild.
As you can see, every Bridgeport mill is a candidate for a machine rebuild. Bridgeport Machine has produced a quality machine for many years, knowingly or unknowingly setting the stage for machine rebuilders as a competitor. Our Bridgeport rebuilding service can and will produce a milling machine comparable to a new Bridgeport machine, for 50-60% of the cost of a new machine. Our process will return your mill to it's original condition, with a 1-year warranty.
A brief summary of our machine rebuild process:
- Dismantle, clean, and inspect machine tool
- All components are available for customer's inspection
- Scrape, flake, and fit all quoted way surfaces to full bearing, assuring longer life of all necessary components
- Replace table screw & nut assembly
- Replace crossfeed screw & nut assembly
- Replace or repair all parts in head
- Inspect electrical system
- Polish all bright work
- Professionally painted
- Inspect & repair lube system
- Assemble and realign to original tolerance
- Machine guaranteed for a period of 1 Year, under normal use and proper maintenance